Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday


I am always excited for Sundays! It's funny, when I was little Sundays were the hardest because we had to stay quiet at church, and we couldn't play outside when we got home. However, now things are different. Now, I wake up with energy, and am excited for all the things I get to learn. It's noy just the learning, but the spirit that is present when I'm doing the things that will bring me closer to my Savior. Since I work in the Primary, I get to see all the little children light up as they too learn new things. I know that there's so much for me to learn and do in life, but I am just so grateful for Sundays, and how they rejuvenate me for the coming week, and help me to better recognize all of the Lord's creations.
When we got home from church, we noticed one of the gorgeous finches, that we have around here, eating the sunflowers seeds from our sunflower. At first Nels said he was upset that the little bird was eating all of the seeds, but then he thought about how awesome it is to be able to watch the little bird so close. It just reminds me of the Primary song that says, "Whenever I hear the song of a bird, or look at the blue, blue sky, whenever I feel the rain on my face or the wind as it rushes by, whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by a lilac tree, I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me."
I'm so thankful for Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment