Saturday, July 31, 2010

End of school owie

Sadly, being the amazing mother that I am, the school year went great, until we got to the end. Up to now we have had only one broken bone and no stitches between all six kids, but I decided we just needed more. So I took it into my own hands and threw Kaden into the street attatched to his wheelchair. Wow, I am a good mom. Okay, so here's how it went down. We were outside waiting for the school bus, so he was all ready to go in his wheelchair, and he put on the brakes. Then for some reason, he thought I was still holding on, and he un-did the brakes, sending his wheelchair down the rest of the driveway, and right onto his chin, with his wheelchair still attatched to his waist. Poor kid! All his weight, and the weight of the wheelchair were on his chin right into the cement (thankfully not asfault). As soon as I picked him up I knew he needed stiches, so he got to go to the doctor, then (because I fet so bad) his choice of lunch. He picked Red Lobster (what a good choice, mmm, I'm hungry now!) Anyway, so we have now added stitches to our list. Here are a few pictures, that you may or may not want to see. :)



We had to put antibiotic ointment on his chin and he touched it one day, making it look like a goatee. He was pretty proud!
After!

Before

1 comment:

  1. Oooooooh, poor little guy!! :) Christian got stitches on his chin-jawbone area last summer. NO FUN! Makes you feel sick to see your baby so torn. :( But he looks like a trooper! :D Go Kaden! :D

    ReplyDelete