Sunday, July 1, 2012

Inspiration!

I find myself tonight, completely moved and inspired by a book that a dear friend recommended to me.  The book is “Heaven is Here” by Stephanie Nielson.  For those of you who have not heard of it (I had not) I too highly recommend it!  I cried more than once, more than twice, okay, I cried off and on through the entire book.  In it, she spoke of her recovery from a plane crash, and the many challenges that life still holds for her.

It was both inspirational and uplifting.  It also reminded me to reflect upon everything good we are blessed with each and every day of our lives.  On her blog- nieniedialogues.com, she said in one of the videos, “I am Stephanie Nielson, and I am not my body.”  What a profound statement.  We are all so caught up with what we need to look like, we forget that we are not our bodies...we are our spirits.   We are who God made us.   We are who we become as we wake up and work toward new goals each day.  We are who we want to be, and no one can change our attitude toward life but us.

There is a passage in her book which was a quote from one of Elder Holland’s conference talks--one that I plan to put up in our house.  It states, “I testify that bad days will come to an end, that faith always triumphs, and that heavenly promises are always kept.”

I know this to be true, and I hope to always remember the things she shared, and use each day to bless my children’s lives, my husband’s life, and the lives of those I come in contact with each day.  If I can accomplish this, I will have lived a good life.  One worthy of the blessings my Heavenly Father has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment