Sunday, May 27, 2012

Air Force Museum


We had our first summer trip to the Air force Museum yesterday. We went without neighbors, and had a great time. There were a lot of very cool things to look at there. As we were traveling up, we noticed a ton of Policemen out, trying to collect money on this highly traveled Memorial Day weekend. Because of this, we were trying to watch our speed to make sure not to be one of the suckers they take advantage of. As we were driving home, Sarah started crying, and I was dozing off. The next thing I knew, we were getting pulled over. In the few moments Nels had gotten distracted from the crying, he forgot to watch his speed. I was quite upset that the guy didn't care that Nels was honest and didn't even try to guess a speed that he was going, and now we get to supply Ashland county with some lovely unnecessary statue somewhere (yes, I'm resentful). I know I wouldn't mind getting a ticket if it was deserved, but to catch someone who was honestly trying to drive safe the entire time, and got distracted for one moment, really irks me! Especially the fact that they so heavily set out their forces on Memorial Day Weekend instead of doing their job every day makes me mad. They are instilling fear in traveling for these holidays, not to mention the fact that they just showed each of my children that making a mistake is not okay or forgiven--the exact opposite of what we teach them in school and at home! It was the first time in my life I wanted to say something horrible to someone, and felt like I would truly enjoy doing it! I do not like the Police Force on Memorial Day weekend.

On the up side of it, however, Nels is now a real man, as this was his first ticket, I just can't say he earned it the same way I earned my first ticket! :)
 

Nels with his hotrod!!

No comments:

Post a Comment