Sunday, May 27, 2012

School's out for Summer!!!

 
We did it!!! We made it through another year of waking up every morning at 6:30 and rushing around for 2 hours to get everyone off to school mostly dressed, fully fed, and missing only one or two things :)





(These were all taken on their last day of school, except for Elise which was on rainbow day, which was her 2nd to last day, and it was not that cold, but she was determined to wear her hat and big jacket.)

I have thoroughly not enjoyed our morning routines, even on the best day, so I was very glad to welcome the last week of school (which was quite an eventful one). Here's what I go through every morning, "Haley, your alarm clock went off 45 minutes ago!! Get out of bed!!" "Nicolas and Kaden, stop playing and get your clothes on!" "Brynlee, go put your blanket in your bed and get dressed!!" "Shaylin, stop pestering Molly!" "Elise, no, it's not time to wait for the bus, please come back inside!"

I sure do love my kids, even with all the craziness in the morning, and almost every time they are all off, I find myself thinking, "Well, we did it again."

The best decision I made this year was breakfast time together. For almost the entire year, I got up and made breakfast so that we could all eat before Nels left. Since they are not fully awake, this has proven to be an excellent time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment